Busca ...busca .... :-)

viernes, 23 de noviembre de 2012

Class Dojo and Portfolio

As you know, my students and I use Linguafolio / Portfolio to reflect about the learning. I found Class Dojo a great tool for this purpose too. When the grading period ends, I print the reports from the Website. The reports look like this:


Then, students need to work on their classroom portfolio. They need to choose three activities that they are proud of and these samples need to show their knowledge about the language. My students are giving examples to understand what quality work means. After working on it individually, I put the in pairs and they show their choices to another classmate to make sure that they have done a clever choice. 

After that, I staple the samples of work and grade them. In the report, on the right corner, I write the grade from the Portfolio and the average grade for this particular grading period that includes the data from Class Dojo, my notes and the samples of work. Then, I have conferences with my students and they are provided with advices about how to improve. We write the observations in the report and both sign the paper. For that, we use a promising pen (it´s a magic pen that make promises). 

I keep the report for future reference and for parents conference. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario